The school nurse visits the school on Friday’s. Appointments can be made in advance through the School Office. Alternatively, students may call in to the School Office when the nurse is on site.
The school nurse primarily works in schools to promote healthy development and wellbeing of students so they can reach their full potential.
Some of the services provided by the school nurse are;
Information, advocacy and support for children and their parents to make informed decisions about health, wellbeing and development.
- Health and Psychosocial assessments and referral to other health services.
- Support for school health promotion initiatives.
- Student Health education in liaison with teachers on a range of topics such as Sexual Health, Cyber safety, Student Wellbeing/Resilience, Body Image, Drug, Alcohol and Smoking.
- Facilitation of professional development for teachers, e.g. asthma or anaphylaxis.
- Assistance to school in developing complex health care plans for students with conditions such as Diabetes, Anaphylaxis and Epilepsy.
- Coordination of the school based immunisation program and assist school administration officers with Immunisation surveillance.