Bridgetown High School Alumni Association Inc
Bridgetown High School is a unique four year country high school that has, for over 60 years, provided a high level of education for the district’s students.
To ensure the school was able to continue this unique experience into the future, a group of former students and teachers gathered in 2005 with the present school principal, Stephen Bullied, and founded the fully incorporated Bridgetown High School Alumni (ex Students’) Association. This was a major milestone considering that it was the first government school in Western Australia to do so.
The aim of the Association is to ensure the continuation of excellent educational programs through activities such as:
- providing scholarships to outstanding students to assist in their academic and personal development;
- supporting the school in its efforts to maintain high quality resources to support students; and
- where possible, providing mentoring programs and support to students who need any such support.
The Association intends to create additional events to foster relationships between former students and teachers, as well as current students and the school itself.
Alumni Achievements include:
- Bridgetown High School Anniversary Celebrations
- Golden Anniversary Garden
- Construction and fit out of the Drama Studio
- Music and Environmental Science Scholarships
- Support for student participation in RYPEN camps and Leeuwin Voyages
The Association conducts two major fundraisers each year; the Scholarship Classic and the Ambrose Competition Golf Day.
The Bridgetown High School Alumni Association offers a three year Music Scholarship and one three year Environmental Science Scholarship to students at the end of Year 7.
These Scholarships provide the recipients with up to $500 per year to help with the payment of fees, camps and uniforms through Years 8, 9 & 10.
Businesses enter the Scholarship Classic competition to win the opportunity to have this scholarship named in your business’s honour for the coming year.
The winning business is drawn at the Bridgetown Show from all that enter, and all funds raised go to the ongoing scholarship program.
Ambrose Competition Golf Day
Following the first, highly successful and most enjoyable Golf Day in 2016, organised by Barry MacKinnon of the Bridgetown High School Alumni, the committee voted for a repeat performance in 2017 and 2018.